Wednesday 3 November 2010

The best dram in Helsinki!

Finally, finally, FINALLY we had a night out with my partner!!! (Our daughter is 17 months old. Anyone who is or has been in same situation doesn't need any explanation for all those exlamation marks.) After eating leasurely rather nice vegan food we went for a drink. Since it was only going to be one drink we wanted to go somewhere nice and definitely made a right choice in going to a place called Maltainen riekko (means "malty grouse"). They had about a million organic beers and ciders from small and local breweries and a massive list of good whiskies! I was after some special Ardbeg since it´s my favourite (even if I find the current owner Vuitton rather dodgy!) but they'd run out of it (must've been good!) and I had something called Longrow instead. Very palatable! I really liked the pub too with it's suitably kitchy Scottish theme decorations. And for that part of town it was very peaceful - none of the usual professional drinkers in sight!

1 comment:

  1. I can't say I know much about vegan fashion but vegan whisky is certainly to my taste. The Longrow mentioned is indeed a fine dram. Its made by Springbank down in Campbeltown and is one of Frau Wind and Cloud's favourite distilleries, being as she puts it 'old fashioned, cobwebs and all' and not like some polished tourist friendly establishments. Try the Longrow CV - like smoky treacle. Glè mhath gu dearbh!

    ReplyDelete