Saturday 31 December 2011

Kitchen implements for old punks

As a young punk about a decade ago I wouldn't never, ever have imagined that the day would come when I would be excited about kitchen implements.  But how could you not like these pretty things? The lovely fair trade mortar made of soap stone is last year's Christmas present from my husband and a friend gave me the beautifully carved chopping board this years. I used the spices in the mortar to season our New Year Eve's meal - some rather nice soya burgers with potato salad.

This New Year we stayed happily in and had a mug of organic glühwein at midnight as the year changed (another scenario I would have found incredibly boring and bourgeois as a young punk). It has been a messy, happy, hectic year - I wonder what this one will be like?!

No comments:

Post a Comment