Monday 21 March 2011

Chakra sniffing

Picture pinched from www.joogakauppa.com
This weekend I was very virtuous and spent it in a yoga course. I got heavily into it again! I used to do hatha yoga years ago but it had to come to an end when the orange-clad guru (who was a white American trying to speak with an Indian accent, often slipping back into his rather thick Southern accent) wanted to sniff my chakras to see if I had reached an appropriately high yogic level. No one sniffs my chakras so I led an yoga-free existence for several years. This current yoga school (Helsingin astanga joogakoulu) feels right though and so does the type of yoga. I fear I haven't yet got very deep into the philosophy though since I really, really want to go and buy a new nice yoga mat even if my old one still works! ( Well, someone did use it as a mattress in a party few years ago and spilled beer all over it but it seems very durable!) But these days you can get these recyclable ones too, and in pretty colours...

No comments:

Post a Comment