Thursday 31 March 2011

My favourite shopping centre


I've been feeling a bit feeble lately so I was glad when a friend suggested a trip into town to sweeten our Tuesday afternoon. We always do the same tour: first the recycling centre, then a meal in a fabulous Turkish restaurant followed by luxurious soya lattes in a very nice book shop.

The recycling centre is really the best possible place for hunting for treasures - big or small. You can get anything from sofas to earrings and at a very reasonable price! (This one also has a free shop where you can just get stuff for nothing or bring some things you want to get rid of.) This time I got a bit carried away and got a blouse, a skirt, a toy dog, a towel, a painting, a big wooden toy and a pair of shoes - all this for less than 10 euros! The pair of shoes was my favourite find this time - they're decorated with Mexican sugar skulls I've always found very pleasing!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's like a thrift store! Good thing your friend suggested that trip. You must be really thankful 'coz you enjoyed the experience. Did you go back to that centre?

    Larissa Dobbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a bit like a thrift store indeed! Just had another visit last week and found loads of good bargains again - this time mainly clothes for my kids who by the way are the reason for my long, long blogging silence! Thanks for commenting - it's nice to know someone looks at this occasionally!

    ReplyDelete